Auditions now in progress for 2021-22
Audition dates: by appointment only - please contact Kimberly Green at: email@example.com
Venue: SWIC, room 2350 [unless otherwise arranged]
Auditioning singers should select and prepare one (1) of the following art songs, in Italian, in a comfortable key. (The songs are available for free download, at the link provided. Please select a piece other than those with which you previously auditioned.) The audition selection need not be memorized, but should be well-prepared and performed with due attention to diction, intonation, and expression. The audition will also include a sight-reading exercise. If time constraints are a problem, you may perform an audition selection you have already done, along with an excerpt from a recently performed choral work (subject to approval by Dr. Mager).
The audition will last about 10 minutes. Please choose from the following:
1. Caro mio ben - Giordani - There are several keys from which to choose.
2. Gia il sole dal Gange - Scarlatti - At this site, there is only one key from which to choose.
3. Sebben crudele - Caldara - At this site, there is only one key from which to choose.
4. Vittoria, vittoria - Carissimi - There are several keys from which to choose.
5. Selve amiche - Caldara - At this site, there is only one key from which to choose.
N.B. Please print and complete the information on the form by clicking the PDF button and presenting it at the audition